"Advice For Newcomers To Turkey"

I have a foreign teacher. I asked her a question while talking to her about an hour ago. "What would you recommend to a newcomer to Turkey?" I asked. She thought at first and then she started answering my question. According to her, people should prefer big cities and not even set foot in small cities in Turkey. When I asked why, she said, "People living in small city can be very racist."

She finds Afyon very cold because she is from Kenya. When I told her it was 8 months of winter here, she said "I wish I hadn't come here". That's why "It would be a big mistake to live in a cold place in Turkey. They should do research and choose a warm place." She said. 

According to her, if you are going to stay in Turkey for a long time, you have to find a job with a good income. She is having a lot of trouble with money right now. She even wants to enter "kpss" and work in a public school. I couldn't tell her the truth. 

She doesn't have many friends right now and she feels lonely. There are not many English speaking people here, so there are very few people she can talk to. “Choosing a big city is really important.” She said again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Blindness Essay"

...will be...

Books Taht Fascinate Me - 2